Deferred Action for parents shall provide the following:
- temporary relief from deportation for 3 years
- employment authorization for 3 years
- may be eligible for travel abroad with advance permission
Individuals Who Qualify:
- Parents of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident child on November 20, 2014 (child can be any age and single or married)
- Continuously present in the U.S. since January 1, 2010
- Physically present in the U.S. on November 20, 2014 and at the time of filing the application
- Did not have lawful status on November 20, 2014
- Not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or multiple misdemeanor offenses
- Pass background checks and pay back taxes
Deferred Action for parents shall be implemented approximately 180 days from President’s November 20, 2014 announcement. If you believe you are eligible, you may prepare by gathering documents that establish your identity, relationship to your child, and continuous residence in the U.S. over the last five years or longer.
For further details or to determine whether you qualify for this program, please contact The Law Law Offices of Azita M. Mojarad, P.C.