When U visa is granted, it is valid for four years. Extensions are available if needed based on the following:
- Request from law enforcement;
- Exceptional circumstances;
- Due to delays in consular processing; or
- Automatically extended upon the filing and pendency of an application for a Green Card.
Applying for a Green Card
You may be eligible to apply for a Green Card for yourself and your qualifying relatives if you meet certain requirements, including:
- You have been physically present in the United States for a continuous period of at least three years while in U status, and
- You have not unreasonably refused to provide assistance to law enforcement since you received your U visa.
For further details or to determine whether you qualify for the U visa, please contact The Law Offices of Azita M. Mojarad, P.C.