skip to Main Content
Address Change Notification To USCIS

Address Change Notification to USCIS

All noncitizens, with the exception of A and G visa holders and waiver visa visitors, must report address changes to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) within ten days of relocation. The process is simple and free, yet mandatory.

You may comply with this requirement in two ways:

1. Complete and submit Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card online; or
2. Submit your new address through your USCIS online account if you filed your form online.


– Changing your address with the U.S. Postal Service will not change your address with USCIS.
– Although U.S. citizens are not required to file a Form AR-11, they are legally required to notify USCIS of a change of address if they have previously submitted a Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support) on behalf of someone who immigrated to the United States. In such instances, you must complete and submit Form I-865 within thirty days of the completion of your move.

Penalties for Failure to Comply

A willful failure to properly notify USCIS of a change of address, within ten days of relocation, is a misdemeanor crime. If convicted, you (or the parent or legal guardian of an alien under 14 years of age who is required to give notice) can be fined up to $200 or imprisoned for up to 30 days, or both. You may also be subject to removal from the United States. Compliance with the requirement to notify the USCIS of any address changes is also a condition of your stay in the United States. Consequently, failure to comply could also jeopardize your ability to obtain a future visa or other immigration benefit.

For additional questions on address change notification to USCIS, or any other immigration matter, contact our attorneys at the Law Offices of Azita M. Mojarad, P.C. Our experienced immigration attorneys can address your concerns and advise you of the proper course of action.

Back To Top