skip to Main Content

Divorce by Publication

If you cannot locate your spouse to serve with divorce papers and neither of you is on active military duty, you may qualify to obtain a dissolution of marriage by service through publication of a notice in a newspaper, an alternative to personal service of court papers.

Read More

Family Petition Green Cards

There has been a lot of excitement since it was announced that the F2A category (family petition green cards) for spouses and children (21 and under) of lawful permanent residents will be current in August of 2013.  In the excitement, however, it is a good idea to review the requirements for adjustment of status that are applicable to all immigrants, and then remember that some of them are waived in certain cases but not in others. 

Read More

U.S. Immigration Changes Its Policy on Same-Sex Couples

President Obama has directed immigration officials to recognize same-sex partners as family members in deportation cases. According to recent reports, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano notified immigrations and customs offices to interpret the phrase “family relationships” to include long-term, same-sex…

Read More

Divorce in Illinois: Contested vs. Uncontested

Nearly 50 percent of all marriages end in divorce. Some of these divorces are amicable, but others are litigated through the court system. In contested cases, a good divorce lawyer gives you the assurance that your best interests are being served versus the uncertainty of litigating the issues in your divorce case without proper representation.

Read More
Back To Top