In response to the COVID-19 crisis, as of March 18, 2020, USCIS has suspended routine in-person services through at least May 3, 2020. USCIS staff will continue to perform duties that do not involve contact with the public and provide emergency services for limited situations.
Field Office Appointments and Rescheduling
- Scheduled Interview Appointments – USCIS field offices will send notices with instructions to applicants and petitioners with scheduled interview appointments impacted by this closure. They will be automatically rescheduled once normal operations resume.
- Naturalization Oath Ceremonies – USCIS will automatically reschedule your ceremony. You will receive a notice for your rescheduled ceremony by mail. If you do not receive a notice within 90 days, contact the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283.
- InfoPass Appointments – Individuals who had InfoPass appointments with a Field Office must reschedule through the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283.
Application Support Center (ASC) Appointments and Rescheduling
- Extension of Employment Authorization Documents – Applicants who had an appointment scheduled with an ASC after March 18, 2020 or who have filed a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to extend their employment authorization period, will have their application processed using previously submitted biometrics. This will remain in effect until ASCs resume normal operations.
- With limited exceptions, all other scheduled ASC Support appointments impacted by this closure will be automatically rescheduled once normal operations resume. If you do not receive a new appointment notice by mail within 90 days, call 800-375-5283.
USCIS asylum offices will send interview cancellation notices and automatically reschedule asylum interviews.
If you have any questions about USCIS office closures or any other immigration matter, contact our attorneys at the Law Offices of Azita M. Mojarad, P.C. Our experienced immigration attorneys can address your concerns and advise you of the proper course of action to take.