Prenuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
Child-Related Legal Issues
- What is Allocation of Parental Responsibilities and Parenting Time?
- Who gets custody of children in the event of a divorce?
- What is child support?
- Who has to pay child support and how much?
- Can the court deviate from the child support guidelines?
- Can the parents agree to deviate from the child support guidelines?
- Can child support be modified in Illinois?
- What is an annulment?
- In which circumstances is it possible to seek an annulment?
- Is there a deadline for seeking an annulment?
- What if I didn’t know I was still legally married to my first spouse when I married my second spouse?
- What if I married someone who was already married and I did not know that?
- What if I have children from an annulled marriage?
Domestic Violence and Orders of Protection
- What does domestic violence mean under Illinois law?
- Who is considered family or a household member?
- How can I protect myself from domestic violence?
- How would my abuser know to stay away from me?
- How effective is an order of protection?
- Can I defend myself against an order of protection?
- How can I successfully defend myself against an order of protection?
- Do I have to fight an order of protection?
- Why should I fight an order of protection?
- Is it living separate and apart if we still live in the same household?
- What is the significance of a separation agreement?
- Why choose a legal separation over a divorce?
- How long can I be legally separated?
- What if you and your spouse can’t agree on the terms of your legal separation?
- What is the difference between legal separation and divorce?
- What is legal separation?