skip to Main Content

What if I cannot locate my spouse to serve with divorce papers?

If you cannot locate your spouse to serve with divorce papers and neither of you is on active military duty, you may qualify to obtain a divorce by service through publication of a notice in a legal newspaper, an alternative to personal service of court papers. This form of service only allows for the judge to grant a divorce, but all other remaining divorce matters; such as property division, child custody, or spousal maintenance; are reserved until such time as you are able to have your spouse served with divorce papers by personal service.

Back To Top