skip to Main Content

What if you and your spouse can’t agree on the terms of your legal separation?

The court may intervene to resolve any contested issues related to allocation of parental responsibilities, parenting time, child support, and maintenance (spousal support) and allocation of debt. However, unlike a divorce, in a legal separation action, the court does not have the power to determine division of property, unless both you and your spouse come to agreement.

Back To Top